The benefit of the side-mounted sensor is how easy it is to unlock with your right thumb. But if you’re a left-handed user, you’ll have to stretch your left index finger a little more to get a complete, working scan. Black Shark’s latest entry, as Gen Z would say, is “built different.” The Black Shark 4 Pro looks and feels more website like a traditional smartphone than it does a gaming one.
For just over RM 2,299, it’s a good gaming phone with an abundant of accesorries and attachments to build a great gaming experience. I do recommend topping up a little to get either the magnetic cooler or the previous generation for better thermals. Don’t get me wrong, the Black Shark 4 does well on its own, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. The 4500 mAh battery is charged via the provided 120W charger in the box.
The Black Shark 5 Pro packs Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC and an Adreno 730 GPU mated to 128 or 256 GB of UFS 3.1 storage and 8, 12 or 16 GB of LPDDR5 RAM. The smartphone also features a liquid cooling system called Anti-gravity Dual VC Liquid Cooling. Of course, this battery will have a fast charging system at the height of what we already saw in the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra . The Black Shark 4 will provide a fast charge of no less than 120W , thus positioning itself among the fastest terminals to charge.
- Even in 2023, it offers a good mix of performance and user experience.
- Instead of having to power both the phone and cooler individually, a single charging solution would have been more convenient and easier.
- The Xiaomi Stock ROM helps you downgrade or upgrade the device’s Android version, unlock the device, remove FRP protection, Fix the IMEI issue, Fix Bootloop or any Software-related problems.
- The ultrawide cranks up the color but with its detail lacking, produces quite a mushy photo with no real clarity when you zoom in.
- With heavy gaming, which you’ll likely do if you’re reading this review, expect to get about three hours of usage before needing to charge up the phone.
- Like the Asus ROG Phone 5 Ultimate that I recently reviewed, these phones have dual front-facing speakers with claims that they have good spatial audio separation.
best gaming phones. One area where the Black Shark 4 Pro excels is in the display department. The FHD+ (1080 x 2400) display measures in at an impressive 6.67in, with E4 AMOLED tech providing a vivid, bright and detailed visual experience perfect for mobile gaming and movie watching alike. Lastly, the most notable design switch-up from last year’s Black Shark 4 is the use of a frosted matte backing. To Black Shark’s credit, this one minor change makes a world of difference for hand-feel, resistance to fingerprint smudges, and comfort when gaming for hours on end. The satin-like finish is cool to the touch and most users will likely appreciate the change in hardware.