|Qualification title:||Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification (Higher Education)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/4404/0|
|Progression routes:||The final year of an undergraduate degree; or directly into employment in an associated profession.|
|Availability:||UK and international|
The qualification deals with complex and challenging organisational issues and opportunities. The units are closely linked to current day real world and work challenges and the qualification will test and develop learners’ workplace experience and abilities.
The qualification will require learners to make judgements and provide creative and practical solutions and ways of responding to organisational challenges and problems. An action based approach will be sought and learners who have strong motivation to progress in their chosen career and business pathway will gain significantly from the qualification. The Level 5 units are also designed to dove-tail into a top-up undergraduate year at a UK University.
- Tourism Destination Management
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Cultural Tourism Management
- Research Project
- To understand and apply the principles of management in hospitality and tourism
- Review and apply the principles of business management within the industry
- To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Effectively use verbal and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
- qualifications at Level 3 and/or 4;
- work experience at a managerial level and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- a first degree in another discipline and want to develop their careers hospitality and tourism management.