|Qualification title:||Level 6 Diploma in Business Management, Leadership and Innovation|
|Qualification type:||Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/7473/1|
|Progression routes:||Level 7 Diplomas, or directly into employment in an associated profession.|
|Availability:||UK and international|
The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their care capabilities within business and management sectors. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK Qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organisations globally.
All programmes create learning that advances the thought leadership of organisations, offering conceptual and practical insights that are applicable in the companies of today and tomorrow.
Furthermore, we look to develop the team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for industry.
The qualification will:
- prepare students for employment; and
- support a range of roles in the workplace.
The qualification provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required across a number of business sectors.
- Leadership in a Changing World
- Introduction to Contemporary Business Strategy: Sustainable Business Growth
- Finance for Strategic Decision-makers
- Leadership in Multicultural Contexts
- Creating Futures: Sustainable Enterprise and Innovation
- Sustainable Risk Management
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems Level 6 Diploma in Business Management, Leadership and Innovation Specification April 2021 6
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and applicants will be expected to hold the following:
- Level 5 Qualification
In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK higher education postgraduate programmes. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.