The objective of the Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of:
- contemporary and specialised approaches to accountancy and finance
- key practical, theoretical and empirical issues, and academic research
- the complexity of the ever-changing legal framework in which the financial sector operates
- the latest developments in accountancy and reporting required by local, national and European government.
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to pursue a career in the financial services industry, professional accountancy, banking and finance or management. The qualification equips learners with the essential skills and knowledge needed to pursue high level careers in all types of organisations in the public and private sector and within industry and commerce, both in the UK and abroad.
The Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification also provides learners with the opportunity to work toward a relevant master’s programme with advanced standing.
For entry onto the Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
The Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
The Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Investment Analysis (20 credits)
- Corporate Reporting (20 credits)
- Global Finance and Strategy (20 credits)
- Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Audit (20 credits)
- Business Research Methods (20 credits)
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by UKEE. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
The Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated, learners are eligible to progress to master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing.