The objective of the Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification is to provide learners with the skills and understanding in human resource management (HRM) that align with good strategic decision making to maintain organisations’ competitive advantage.
Learners acquire knowledge through an integrated approach of theory in human resource management and practice using real-time activities. Successful completion of this qualification will develop learners’ strategic human resource management and leadership skills and their ability to focus on the requirements of implementing an organisation’s strategy.
The Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or to work toward a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
For entry onto the Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
The Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
The Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Engagement of Employees and Organisational Learning (20 credits)
- Leadership Development and Performance Management (20 credits)
- Global Resourcing, Talent and Reward Management (20 credits)
- Managing Employment Relations and Employment Law (20 credits)
- Business Research Methods (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by UKEE. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
The Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated, learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing.