|Qualification title:||Level 7 Diploma in Project Management|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification (Higher Education)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||610/1342/0|
|Progression routes:||• Level 8 Diploma.
• University to complete a Master’s Degree.
• Employment in an associated profession.
|Availability:||UK and international|
The aim of the Level 7 Diploma in Project Management is to help develop the learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills required to deal with the complexities of leadership and strategic management in a business context, and to develop their ability to lead change in organisations.
The Level 7 Diploma in Project Management aims to give learners the opportunity to:
- Apply theoretical understanding of management to complex and current business issues with a view to improving business practice
- Reflect critically upon leadership skills and there by allow learners to prepare for senior roles of Project Management within their organisation.
- Develop a lifelong learning attitude to education and training
- Gain a critical insight into contemporary research and leading-edge practice within the field of Project Management
- Develop considerable autonomy in their learning and enhance their ability to plan and implement consultancy projects in a group context
- Generate originality and enterprise in approaching complex PR issues
- Demonstrate self-direction, initiative and autonomy in research and scholarship towards a new contribution to knowledge in a chosen field of management.
- Planning, Controlling and Leading a Project
- Procurement Risk and Contract Management
- Project and Logistics Management
- Operations and Information Management for Project Managers
- Research Methods for project management
- To understand and apply the principles of project management in a business environment
- Review and apply the principles of project management within industry
- To understand and apply the principles of project management in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between theories and their practical application in the business world.
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
Approved centres are responsible for reviewing and making decisions as to the applicant’s ability to complete the learning programme successfully and meet the demands of the qualification. The initial assessment by the centre will need to consider the support that is readily available or can be made available to meet individual learner needs as appropriate.
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access. For this qualification, applicants must be aged 19 or over and will be expected to hold the following:
- Level 6 Qualification or;
- First Degree
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International qualifications will be checked for appropriate enrolment to UK higher education postgraduate programmes where applicable. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.