OTHM Level 7 Diploma in International Business Law
The objectives of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in International Business Law qualification are to enable learners to gain knowledge and understanding about various branches of law, develop an analytical and critical approach to the application of UK and International legal principles and understand the appropriateness of dealing with certain aspects of behaviour within the law.
The qualification provides learners with an understanding of law in the context of business to equip them with the abilities needed to work with advanced issues.
By the end of the qualification, learners will be able to:
- To understand a range of subjects in international business law
- Develop an understanding for legal frameworks that govern international business transactions within industry
- Demonstrate an understanding of commercial trust law, company law, international trade law, intellectual property law, and law of financial crimes.
- Develop research skills and have the ability to write on key areas in law.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in International Business Law qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or to work toward a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
- An honours degree in a related subject or a relevant UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification and/or;
- Mature learners with appropriate experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course.
The OTHM Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with a university partner to achieve a full masters programme.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in International Business Law qualification consists of 6 mandatory units making a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- International Trade Law (20 credits)
- Commercial Trust Law (20 credits)
- Industrial and Intellectual Property Law (20 credits)
- Law and Financial Crimes (20 credits)
- Company Law (20 credits
- Legal Research Methods (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in International Business Law qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), where appropriate learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing.
Do you have more questions?
113A Dutugemunu St, Colombo 10250
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.