OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The objective of the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to develop learners’ management knowledge and skills within the tourism and hospitality industry. Learners will critically evaluate contemporary knowledge and theories and use these to propose solutions to complex management problems.
Successful completion of the qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and knowledge they need to plan and manage their work areas, to make effective decisions, and to adapt effectively to the needs of a range of tourism and hospitality organisations.
For entry onto OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
- Tourism Policy and Planning (20 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour and Performance (20 credits)
- Technology in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry (20 credits)
- Tourism and International Development (20 credits)
- Researching Tourism and Hospitality Management (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including relevant OTHM Level 7 Diplomas. This qualification has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As the Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant Master’s degree programmes.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.